In January 2014, we are implementing a new employment application. If you have an application on file, it will expire on January 14, 2014 and you will need to reapply beginning on January 15, 2014. In order to avoid duplication of effort, we encourage you to wait to complete your application and submit your paperwork until after January 15, 2014. You may continue to apply for vacancies on the Applicant Portal until January 15, 2014.
Step 1 - Online Portion of Application
Please allow 15-30 minutes to complete the online portion of the application.
- An email address is required to register.
- You may upload required documents except original transcripts and references.
- Computers and assistance are available at the DeLand Administrative Complex Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Summer hours are Monday through Thursday between 7:30 am and 5:30 pm
Step 2 - Required Documents
Your application is not complete until you have submitted ALL of the required documents.
*Note: If your documents are not submitted together, you will delay the processing of your application.
The links below will provide you with a checklist to use as you gather your documents.
Submission Form Teaching (Instructional Applicants)
Support Application Submission Form (All other Applicants)
You must submit the following three (3) references:
- One reference from your supervisor at your current or most recent employer.
- One reference from your supervisor at your longest employer within the last ten (10) years.
- One reference from your supervisor of any OTHER of your employers within the last ten (10) years.
*Note: If you have been with your current employer for the last ten (10) years, you may submit one reference. If you are self-employed, use vendor or client references.
Reference Form (Print three (3) reference forms.)
Use the following link to print the required Florida Retirement System (FRS) Certification form. Certification Form
Click here to view a listing and links to the required forms you may need for your application.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
For assistant with the application process, please call (386) 734-7190, extensions 20177 or 20179.
CLICK HERE TO BEGIN YOUR APPLICATION
Once you have completed the online portion of the application, you may begin applying for positions using the Vacancy Tab.
Current VCS employees must use the ePortal to apply for positions.
CLICK HERE FOR VACANCIES
For Applicants: Enter your email address and password to log in to your account. Click on Vacancy Tab to view the advertised vacancies.
If you are a CURRENT VCS EMPLOYEE, you must apply for vacancies through your ePortal account. If you need assistance with your ePortal account, please call ext. 20000.