- Complete the online portion of the employment application.
- If you are interested in becoming a Substitute Teacher, select the Teacher Application and answer Yes to the Substitute question.
- If you are interested in becoming a Substitute Support, select the Support Application and answer Yes to the Substitute question.
- You must have a minimum of a High School diploma or GED.
- You will be authorized for fingerprinting and substance screening after your application is completed and approved.
- If additional training is necessary, you will be contacted with training information.
We offer the following substitute positions:
- Teacher *
- Bus Operator **
- Bus Attendant **
- Cafeteria (SWC) Assistant **
- Warehouse Person
- Extended Day
- Warehouse Driver
- Interpreter for the Deaf
*This substitute position requires training before employment.
**For these positions, if you do not have a high school diploma or GED, you will be required to complete the TABE level "M" literacy assessment. Please click on the Testing Information link on the left.
If you have questions about your application, please contact (386) 734-7190, 255-6475 or 427-5223, extension 20177 or 20179.
If your application is complete and you have substitute questions, please contact extension 20187.
Training for Substitute Teachers - STAR
Substitute teachers are required to complete the Volusia County training program. If you have a teaching certificate, the training may be reduced. Non-certificated applicants will be required to complete the three-day STAR training
For Substitute Teacher Applicants - To be in the July 24, 2014, 1-day STAR training class, your application must be completed and approved by July 3, 2014. This is a 1-day STAR class for coaches, employees, and applicants that are certified teachers. For Non-certificated applicants, review the STAR Calendar 2014-15 link above for future class dates and application deadlines.
Rate of Pay
You may be able to receive a higher rate of pay. Please submit an official transcript in the sealed envelope from your institution with college credits and/or an advanced degree for review.